Visiting Cousins Summer Camp Counsellor
Employment dates: June 2 to August 22, 2014
Type of Position: Student
Description: Facilitate education programs with summer campers, household tasks such as cooking, butter making and crafts, interpreting to the public the history of 19th century New Brunswick.
Candidate will be reqquired to have strong communication skills, deliver educational sessions to children, as well as perform other job related duties as assigned. Position includes shift work with some overnight.
Reporting to the Programming Coordinator, responsibilities include:
- Perform at special events if required
- Participate in interpretive activities within the historic village
- Musst have the ability to communicate in English; French considered an asset.
- Ability to multitask
- Ensure the safety and supervision of summer camp participants, monitor visitor presence in the historic village, with respect to the safety of the children
- Share with visitors the detailed history of heritage buildings with artifacts.
- Full time, seasonal, indoor and outdoor work; svhedule (weekdays and some weekends)
- Requires extended periods of walking throughout the historic village.
To apply, fill out the form below or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or drop off at the Kings Landing Administration Office, 5804 Route 102, Prince William, NB, E6K 0A5. Application deadline: May 19, 2014.
Villagers at Kings Landing with fresh produce from the garden
Villagers at Kings Landing at the lumberman’s competition.
Photography by Hemmings House Pictures