As an alternative to the Visiting Cousins & Family Kin programmes, Kings Landing offers hands-on, age-appropriate ways to experience 19th century, daily life along the St. John River in the form of day camps. From feeding animals and working in the trade shops, to domestic work like butter making and wool processing; these camps provide a wholesome learning environment for all ages.
Thank you to everyone who joined in 2023! Stay tuned for details on 2024.
Spend a day in the 19th century during Kings Landing’s day camps for kids! Children attending camps will get a taste of life on a farm in the 1850s. They can help look after gardens, attend school, play games, and enjoy more 19th century fun. Each day will wrap up with a horse and wagon ride to return to modern life.
Camps run from 10 am to 4:15 pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from July 12 to August 18. Children ages 7 to 15 may attend 1, 2 or 3 days of camp per week and can return for multiple weeks. Drop off is at 10 am and pick up is at 4:15 pm at Kings Landing’s Welcome Centre. Day camps require a minimum of 3 children to run with a maximum of 8 participants.
Cost: $60 per day (plus Eventbrite fees – total $63.75). This includes costume rental, snacks, and lunch in the Village.
SPECIAL OFFER: There is a 10% discount off the second and third consecutive days registered after the first, totalling $55.80 per day, per child plus Eventbrite fees ($59.35).
Attire: Kings Landing will provide costumes for children attending camp, but children must come with their own closed-toe shoes or boots, preferably black or brown. They will really look the part! Sizing details are not required upon registration for campers as a range of costumes will be available to try on.
Schedule: Each day of camp starts with drop-off at the Welcome Centre by 10 am and no earlier than 9:45 am. Once all children have arrived, the group will head to the Learning Centre to change into their costumes. There are modern washroom facilities inside for changing. All personal items will stay at the Learning Centre, which is kept locked for the day.
Once all children are dressed in their 19th century clothing, they will head into the Village for their daily schedules. This includes a lunch at a select home. After a snack at the Long House, children will take a horse and wagon ride back to the Learning Centre where they will change back into their modern clothes and back to the Welcome Centre for pick-up at 4:15 pm.
- Farm chores and butter making at the Joslin Farm
- Lunch and games at the Perley Farm
- Craft at the Print Shop
- Snack at the Long House
- Handcraft and gardening at the Lint Farm
- Lunch at the Morehouse Farm
- Fun at the Theatre
- Snack at the Long House
- Baking at the Hagerman
- Lunch and wool processing at the Heustis House
- Make a game at the Fisher House
- Snack at the Long House
Details of this schedule are subject to change based on staff availability on the day of camp.
All attendees must register on Eventbrite no later than 3 days before the camp is scheduled to begin. This will allow adequate time for preparations in the Village. Click here to register.
- If you are registering for more than one child, please select the number of children from the drop-down menu while ordering. This will cover one day of camp for the number of children selected.
- If you are registering for multiple days of camp per child, please repeat the process for each day you would like to register the camper(s). This is to avoid overbooking any one day of camp.
Here’s how to register on Eventbrite:
- Visit the event page by clicking here.
- After reading the description, click the “Select a Date” button.
- Find the date for which you would like to register the camper(s) and click “Tickets.”
- If you are planning to book multiple days, you will be required to repeat this process for each day.
- For multiple consecutive days, after booking your first day ticket, please select the discounted ticket when booking your second and (if applicable) third ticket. These must be consecutive days and will be checked by staff (i.e. Wednesday & Thursday, Thursday & Friday, or Wednesday, Thursday & Friday of the same week).
- From the drop-down menu, select the number of campers you are registering for that particular date.
- Once selected, click “Checkout.”
- On the Checkout page, start by filling in your contact information. Continue filling in the form with the camper’s information. Payment information is captured at the bottom of the order form.
- If you are registering more than one camper, please put the information for each child in each field.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. You will not be able to complete your order without all mandatory fields complete.
- Once complete, click “Place Order.” You should receive a confirmation message and a confirmation email.
- Please reach out to us if you require any assistance.
Parents and adults looking to join in the fun in the Village are encouraged to check out our Volunteer Villager program.
A member of our staff will reach out with any additional information or questions they may have. Please send a Facebook message @KingsLandingNB if you have additional questions or concerns. Questions about the program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and questions about Eventbrite can be directed to email@example.com.