- This event has passed.
A Taste of Fall: Preparing for Christmas
September 20 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This Saturday and Sunday are all about seasonal food! It’s one of our most anticipated weekends of the year: A Taste of Fall: Preparing for Christmas!
Wander throughout the village and see the various households baking, cooking, and preserving their fall harvest as they start to prepare for Christmas! Sample some tasty treats and collect a recipe card for each.
- Hagerman House: Plum Pudding
- Joslin Farm: Fresh Apple Cake
- Jones House: Dried Apple Cake
- Lint House: Carrot Cake
- Long House: Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Heustis House: Tomato Soup
- Fisher House: Sauerkraut
- Ingraham House: “Rabbit” and Dinner Rolls
- Morehouse Farm: Squash Soup, Biscuits & Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Killeen Cabin: Cream of Squash Soup
- Grant Store: Spiced Apple Cider
- Perley House: Pumpkin/Carrot Cookies
The Print Shop will be busy preparing an order of Christmas cards and the Carpenter will be making kitchenware.
The King’s Head Inn will be all a bustle with a maritime Kitchen Party hosted by Abe Munn from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. The special is Venison Stew, aka Hunter’s Delight, served with Brown Bread for $14.99.
All food is prepared and served, including samples, in accordance with Health Canada’s best practices.